Research is a major component for medical advancements. Through research, we are able to increase survival rates and make medical discoveries that lessen the impact of a traumatic injury. We are currently working on, but not limited to, research projects in the areas of:
- Shock and resuscitation
- Head, chest, abdominal, and pelvic injury
- Burn injury and resuscitation
- Burn grafting and hemostasis
- Obesity and trauma
- Elderly trauma
- Gunshot injury and prevention
- Public implications of the burden of injury
To get a clearer idea about what we do, you can review some of our research projects.
We take rolling applications for our team of Student Interns/Research Fellows. Learn more about this unique and challenging opportunity or visit the Cook County Health Job Page and search keyword “trauma” to find our Student Intern/Research Fellow listing to submit your application.